Your Appointment Will Look Different Now for Your Safety:
• We are taking a cautious, deliberate and measured approach to resuming operations.
• For those who want to stay home, we are still happy to offer Telerehab appointments.
• If TeleRehab is appropriate, the College of Physical Therapists of BC continues to recommend this approach to the management of your injury.
• If an in-person appointment is required for an older patient or patient with a chronic illness, consider scheduling these as the first appointments of the day.
• For those who wish to see us in person, please read the following carefully
• If you are unable to abide by the below requirements, we will be unable to provide in-clinic treatment services to you.
For Your Appointment:
• Please bring a mask to wear during your appointment. This mask needs to cover your mouth and nose. If you do not have one, we will provide you with a clean cloth mask for the duration of your visit.
• After arriving at our parking lot, please minimize the amount of things to bring into the clinic, and wait on one of the designated markers just outside our parking lot entrance and one of our staff will be happy to greet you.
• You will be asked COVID-19 screening questions by phone before being permitted to enter the clinic. Once you pass the screening process, you will be directed to the appropriate door for your appointment (there are separate entrances for physiotherapy appointments, and massage therapy/kinesiology appointments.
• You will be asked to wash your hands upon entering the clinic and offered a mask to wear if you do not have one of your own.
• At the end of your visit, you will be asked to wash your hands before you leave the clinic and drop off any loaned masks in our basket located at the entrance for washing.
What We Are Doing to Make our Clinic Safe and Clean for Everyone:
• All staff perform an enhanced screening process every day.
• All staff will wash their hands continuously during the day, especially between patients.
• Access to the clinic is restricted to patients (by appointment only) and only necessary caregivers.
• All patients are required to wash or disinfect their hands upon entry and exiting our clinic.
• All forms are filled out after patients have washed or disinfected their hands (pens will also be sterilized).
• Waiting areas will be marked for distance or eliminated if possible.
• A plastic shield is installed at the front reception desk.
• We perform ongoing advanced infection control, cleaning and sterilization procedures with Health Canada approved disinfectants.
• We have signs that ask patients to respect the 2-meter distance between one another.
• Our staff will be wearing face masks during your treatment or when within 2 meters.
• Contactless services for administrative tasks will be utilized as much as possible (E.g. cashless pay, pay over the phone options).
By Attending Your Appointment Please Be Aware That:
• The novel coronavirus causes the disease known as COVID-19. The novel coronavirus virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be contagious.
• Despite the clinic’s best efforts at infection control including, but not limited to, providing mandatory masks, cleaning, screening procedures to exclude any potentially symptomatic staff or patient from attending the clinic, there is a risk of contracting the Covid-19 simply by being in the clinic.
• You are considered to be in a high-risk category if you have any one of or combination of: diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, lung diseases including moderate to severe asthma, being immunocompromised, having active malignancy, age >65.
• For those who would like to further minimize any risk, we offer Telerehab appointments.