COVID-19 Safety Plan
UPDATED April 6, 2023:
Clinic Mask Policy for all Clients and Staff
As per Fraser Health, masks are now optional at our clinic for clients and staff, effective April 6, 2023.
• If your preference is to wear a mask, please continue to do so*.
• If you prefer that our rehabilitation assistant wears a mask when assisting you, please let us know.
*Cloth and free disposable masks are available for your convenience- please ask reception.
Thank you for your understanding,
Maple Ridge Physiotherapy & Pain Clinic
Your Appointment Will Look Different Now for Your Safety:
• We are taking a cautious, deliberate and measured approach to resuming operations.
• For those who want to stay home, we are still happy to offer Telerehab appointments.
• If TeleRehab is appropriate, the College of Physical Therapists of BC continues to recommend this approach to the management of your injury.
• If an in-person appointment is required for an older patient or patient with a chronic illness, consider scheduling these as the first appointments of the day.
• For those who wish to see us in person, please read the following carefully
• If you are unable to abide by the below requirements, we will be unable to provide in-clinic treatment services to you, but are more than happy to offer telerehab as an alternate treatment option.
For Your Appointment:
• To avoid overcrowding in the clinic/waiting room, please arrive maximum 5 minutes before your appointment time (unless asked by front staff). If you are very early, we ask that you please remain in your vehicle until 5 minutes before your appointment.
• Please minimize things to bring to your appointment.
• Please review the COVID-19 screening questions before entering the clinic:
- Do you have any New, Worsening, or Different from your usual health status of:
|o Cough||o Sore throat|
|o Shortness of breath||o Loss of sense of smell or taste|
|o Chills or fever (greater than 37.8°C)?||o GI symptoms (nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea)|
- Are you currently being investigated as a suspect case of COVID-19 or have been told to isolate by Public Health?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 5 days?
- Have you been in unprotected contact in the last 5 days with someone who is being investigated or confirmed to be a case of COVID-19?
If you answer YES to any of the above questions, please do not enter the clinic.
What We Are Doing to Make our Clinic Safe and Clean for Everyone:
• All staff perform an enhanced screening process every day.
• All staff clean their hands continuously during the day, especially between patients.
• A plastic shield is installed at the front reception desk.
• We perform ongoing advanced infection control, cleaning and sterilization procedures with Health Canada approved disinfectants.
• Our rehabilitation assistants will wear face masks on request during your treatment or when within 2 meters.
• Contactless services for administrative tasks will be utilized as much as possible (E.g. cashless pay, pay over the phone options).
By Attending Your Appointment Please Be Aware That:
• The novel coronavirus causes the disease known as COVID-19. The novel coronavirus virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be contagious.
• Despite the clinic’s best efforts at infection control including, but not limited to, providing mandatory masks, cleaning, notices to exclude any potentially symptomatic staff or patient from attending the clinic, there is a risk of contracting the Covid-19 simply by being in an enclosed area.
• You are considered to be in a high-risk category if you have any one of or combination of: diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, lung diseases including moderate to severe asthma, being immunocompromised, having active malignancy, age >65.
• For those who would like to further minimize any risk, we offer Telerehab appointments.