COVID-19 Safety Plan
UPDATED JULY 1, 2022:
Clinic Mask Policy for all Clients and Staff
MASKS STILL REQUIRED INSIDE CLINIC AS PER FRASER HEALTH
There have been recent changes with the rules regarding masks being worn in public indoor settings. As per Fraser Health, “Masks are still required in health care settings, such as in hospitals, long-term care and assisted living facilities, community clinics and in home health/home support.”. As we are designated as a community clinic, we continue to require mask-wearing in the clinic until further notice.
If you do not have a mask, we sell disposable masks for $1.00 at reception.
Thank you for your understanding,
Maple Ridge Physiotherapy & Pain Clinic
Your Appointment Will Look Different Now for Your Safety:
• We are taking a cautious, deliberate and measured approach to resuming operations.
• For those who want to stay home, we are still happy to offer Telerehab appointments.
• If TeleRehab is appropriate, the College of Physical Therapists of BC continues to recommend this approach to the management of your injury.
• If an in-person appointment is required for an older patient or patient with a chronic illness, consider scheduling these as the first appointments of the day.
• For those who wish to see us in person, please read the following carefully
• If you are unable to abide by the below requirements, we will be unable to provide in-clinic treatment services to you, but are more than happy to offer telerehab as an alternate treatment option.
For Your Appointment:
• Please bring a mask to wear during your appointment. This mask needs to cover your mouth and nose. If you do not have one, disposable masks are also available for purchase for $1 at reception.
- Given the potential ongoing community transmission of more transmissible Delta Variant, to protect staff and patients who have not vaccinated or those who cannot, and to protect those who have family members who are immunocompromised and vulnerable, we have decided to offer maximum protection to all our clients by continuing our masking policy in the clinic at this time.
- WorkSafeBC states that employers may choose to implement mask policies for workers and/or members of the public that exceed the requirements of Public Health.
• To avoid overcrowding in the clinic/waiting room, please arrive maximum 5 minutes before your appointment time (unless asked by front staff). If you are very early, we ask that you please remain in your vehicle until 5 minutes before your appointment.
• Please minimize things to bring to your appointment.
• Please review the COVID-19 screening questions posted on our door before entering the clinic. The questions are:
- Do you have any New, Worsening, or Different from your usual health status of:
|o Cough||o Sore throat|
|o Shortness of breath||o Loss of sense of smell or taste|
|o Chills or fever (greater than 37.8°C)?||o GI symptoms (nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea)|
- Are you currently being investigated as a suspect case of COVID-19 or have been told to isolate by Public Health?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 10 days?
- Have you been in unprotected contact in the last 10 days with someone who is being investigated or confirmed to be a case of COVID-19?
If you answer YES to any of the above questions, please do not enter the clinic.
• Please wash/sanitize your hands upon entering the clinic and use our cloth mask if you do not have one of your own (we also have disposable masks for sale). At the end of your visit, please wash/sanitize your hands before you leave the clinic and drop off any loaned masks in our basket located at the entrance for washing.
• If you have a mask exemption note from your MD, please bring a copy of the note for our files. *The note does not need to state the specific reason for the exemption. If your exemption note contains medical information that you wish to remain private, please see your doctor to obtain a separate MD note just saying you have a medical exemption to wear a mask. Once we receive the MD note, we are able to accommodate for you to come in without a mask. As an alternative or in the meantime, we are happy to offer telerehab (virtual) visits.
What We Are Doing to Make our Clinic Safe and Clean for Everyone:
• All staff perform an enhanced screening process every day.
• All staff clean their hands continuously during the day, especially between patients.
• Access to the clinic is restricted to patients (by appointment only) and only necessary caregivers.
• All patients are required to wash or disinfect their hands upon entry and exiting our clinic.
• All forms are filled out after patients have washed or disinfected their hands (pens will also be sterilized).
• Waiting areas will be marked for distance.
• A plastic shield is installed at the front reception desk.
• We perform ongoing advanced infection control, cleaning and sterilization procedures with Health Canada approved disinfectants.
• We have signs that ask patients to respect the 2-meter distance between one another.
• Our staff will be wearing face masks during your treatment or when within 2 meters.
• Contactless services for administrative tasks will be utilized as much as possible (E.g. cashless pay, pay over the phone options).
By Attending Your Appointment Please Be Aware That:
• The novel coronavirus causes the disease known as COVID-19. The novel coronavirus virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be contagious.
• Despite the clinic’s best efforts at infection control including, but not limited to, providing mandatory masks, cleaning, notices to exclude any potentially symptomatic staff or patient from attending the clinic, there is a risk of contracting the Covid-19 simply by being in an enclosed area.
• You are considered to be in a high-risk category if you have any one of or combination of: diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, lung diseases including moderate to severe asthma, being immunocompromised, having active malignancy, age >65.
• For those who would like to further minimize any risk, we offer Telerehab appointments.